Welcome to my space! I am so glad you are here. Come sit by me and let’s get to know one another.
My name is Cristina. I enjoy embroidery – so much that I’ve decided to open my very own online shop.
I actually opened my Etsy shop on October 16, 2015. My hope is that I will continue to share my creative journey, which now includes weaving. I think a fiber affair is unfolding! I’ll share interviews with other makers, and share tips and resources that I can’t keep to myself.
I am a stay at home, married, mother of 2 boys. I worked in corporate my entire life, but quit and opened this shop. My husband works in NYC and commutes every day. Those are some long days, considering that it’s a two hour commute each way. We’ve recently moved to a smaller home and purged like nobody’s business. That’s a good thing. I am working towards completing my degree to teach high school English, and how I manage to tackle all of the things? Who knows? Wait. I know. Coffee. Tons of it.
Lots of changes, and I am rolling with all of them.
Other things you may want to know?
- I went apple picking for the first time at 37 years old. I am currently, 38 years old.
- I am a Catholic convert.
- I taught myself to embroider in September 2015.
- I have a monthly podcast Planned Not Scripted with my best friend Tiffany.
- I taught myself to weave in July 2016
- I am a FitBit fanatic. <— nothing wrong there. I try to walk 10K a day 4-6 days a week.
- My confirmation saint is St. Therese of Lisieux (and I started this blog on her feast day!).
- I am a New Yorker (born and raised in Brooklyn) and now live in Pennsylvania. Culture shock, much?
- There’s nothing in this world that a cup of tea, coffee, or wine with a friend can’t fix.
- I am a Community Lead and write for The SITS Girls all about social media, blogging, branding, and writing.
- I’m of Puerto Rican descent, burn to a crisp in the sun and am allergic to shellfish. I know, it’s pretty brutal.
- I’ve been married 9 years. I think?
- I’m not good with dates.
- I’m not good with date nights either. I should schedule one soon!
- I am a classically trained opera singer.
- I cantor at mass.
- I’ve got tattoos. Lot’s of them.
- If I were stranded on an island, I would want all of my craft supplies and a lifetime supply of rice and beans. I can eat that every day.
That should cover it, but if you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to lay’em on me.